CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Deep Krill




What: Krill was found at the bottom the Soutern Ocean.

Who: Andrew Clarke

Where: British Antarctic Survey based in Cambridge, England



How: Andrew Clarke and some of his colleagues used a remotely operated vehicle that carried a video camera and saw krill feeding on falling plankton. By studying the footage they classified the krill as an classic Antarctic speices, Euphausia superba. They found the Antarctic krill thousand meters below sea level.




What I Think: I think that finding a krill that is carrying over 200 eggs, is wierd. I didn't think that krill, especially pregrant ones, can survive under extremly deep, cold water! I think that is very intreseting and now I know that there is actually life way under the sea!




2 comments:

guitargirl said...

hey..what happened to that cool background? (the icon one)

guitargirl said...

holaaaa.